Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

morz3d
Frequent Visitor

Azure Data studio Database project problems

Hi,
I am having problem with Microsoft Fabric Database Project in Azure Data Studio. Those are the version I am using

• Azure Data Studio v1.48.0 (latest at the time of writing)
  • SQL Database Projects v1.4.2 (latest at the time of writing)
  • SQL Server Schema Comparev1.21.0 (latest at the time of writing)

Problem 1: not able to build project

If i try to build project, there is no error or any kind of dialog returned. However i can see that it failed with no details.

morz3d_0-1710773687346.png

Problem 2: Generate script from schema compare

When i try to generate scripts from project to Fabric comparison, I get "Generate script: Performing script generation is not possible for this comparison result. Performing script generation is not possible for this comparison result." Also without any details.

morz3d_1-1710773776784.png

Anyone have a solution to those problems?

1 REPLY 1
v-nuoc-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @morz3d 

You seem to be experiencing issues with Microsoft structured database projects in Azure Data Studio: generation failures and script generation errors.

You can try the following ways to solve the problem:

There is an Output window under the View menu in Azure Data Studio. Make sure that you select the SQL Database Project from the Output window to see if any messages related to generation are logged.

Ensure that the project configuration is set up correctly, including checking the file for any incorrect paths or references that could cause the generation to fail.

If your project is set up to support commands, you can use the command line to view more detailed error messages.

Azure Data Studio was unable to generate a script. This can occur for a variety of reasons, including unsupported object types or problems with the comparison itself.

You can try:

Carefully review the comparison results to identify objects that may not be supported for generating scripts. This may include certain types of objects or configurations.

Make sure all extensions are up to date.

Visit the GitHub repository for the SQL Database Projects and SQL Server Schema Compare extensions to see if other users have reported this issue.

Regards,

Nono Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors