Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto refresh visual on report

Hi,

Is there a way to make the visuals of a report to automatically refresh after a dataset schedule refresh has been done? Right now, the end-user needs to click on Refresh on the page, click on the browser refresh button or hit F5.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Anonymous,

Refreshing the visual container updates the cached report visuals, within a report, once the data changes. So currently it is not live and you need to refresh the report /page manually. For more details, please check the online document.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Anonymous,

Refreshing the visual container updates the cached report visuals, within a report, once the data changes. So currently it is not live and you need to refresh the report /page manually. For more details, please check the online document.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-frfei-msft,

Ok, thank you for your reply. I have already read that documentation. With your comments it's clear.

I think it could be a good thing if someone can make the following paragraph clearer. Maybe telling that in order to see up-to-date data the user must click on Refresh to read the updated cached report visuals.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/refresh-data#visual-container-refresh

Thank you

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

As far I know this is currently the only way, or a user has to interact with the report.

Only dashboard tiles update automatically or on a defined schedule.

I am certain that there is an idea for this on https://ideas.powerbi.com

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors