Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Sandhyarani958
Frequent Visitor

Auto archiving Objects in Workspace or Dashboard

Hello Team,

Please help me on these questions, which will help us in managing Power BI dashboard at our Organization level.

Automated Archiving objects

1a. Archive Report from app workspace - Is there a way to download it as a pbix file first, and then delete it? We could store these in the Shared folders in Azure, so perhaps a demo of downloading the pbix file and then uploading to ADLS
1b. After archiving it, delete the report using the API
1c. Recover the report by re-uploading/publishing to the workspace. Ensure it works as it did before. DOES THE ID change? Will links to the report break? Will apps that use the report break? Will dashboards that used the report break?

>>> How to use Streaming Data under "+Create" on the Workspace.

Thanks,

Sandhya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sandhyarani958

This article shows you how to set up real-time streaming dataset in Power BI

would you like download/publish report programmatically using API?  i am seeking for this way, and currentlly i would like to share my test with a manual method.

1a. Archive Report from app workspace - Is there a way to download it as a pbix file first, and then delete it? We could store these in the Shared folders in Azure, so perhaps a demo of downloading the pbix file and then uploading to ADLS

There is a way manually  Download the report as a pbix , then delete the report using the API with the Delete report operation.

1c. Recover the report by re-uploading/publishing to the workspace. Ensure it works as it did before. DOES THE ID change? Will links to the report break? Will apps that use the report break? Will dashboards that used the report break?

As I tested, I come to these conclusion:

When re-publishing the report using the downloaded pbix to the appworkspace,

This report(re-publish) is not recognized as the original one and  the ID changes,

When you share the report with others before it is deleted, the link to this report(deleted before) will not work.

If you update the app timely, you will not see the report(deleted before) in the app, but see the report(re-publish).

The dashboard created with the report will not  break.

I am keeping going into this issue!

Best Regards

Maggie

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sandhyarani958

This article shows you how to set up real-time streaming dataset in Power BI

would you like download/publish report programmatically using API?  i am seeking for this way, and currentlly i would like to share my test with a manual method.

There is a way manually  Download the report as a pbix , then delete the report using the API with the Delete report operation.

As I tested, I come to these conclusion:

When re-publishing the report using the downloaded pbix to the appworkspace,

This report(re-publish) is not recognized as the original one and  the ID changes,

When you share the report with others before it is deleted, the link to this report(deleted before) will not work.

If you update the app timely, you will not see the report(deleted before) in the app, but see the report(re-publish).

The dashboard created with the report will not  break.

I am keeping going into this issue!

Best Regards

Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors