Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

bphillips7
Regular Visitor

App sharing issue to guest users to organization

Our process is generally to add clients to our azure directory as guests, assign them a power bi pro license, add them to the workspace with 'member' designation, then add them to the app and publish for distribution. We share the app link with them directly and they typically use this link to access moving forward.

We have recently had an issue where we add people using the process described above and the app link we share with them gives them the pop-up below. Has anyone else had this issue? We have screenshared with our clients and made sure they were accessing the correct link we sent them and confirmed they were accessing the way we would hope they would.

bphillips7_0-1610144720916.png

4 REPLIES 4
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @bphillips7 

I would suggest to make sure that the users have accepted the link to become an external user in your AAD.

Also confirm that they are shown as an External User in AAD, then add them to the app and send out the link.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi,

Confirming that you mean - we would alternatively try to set people up using the following steps:

1) Add to AAD as guest user

2) Assign Power BI Pro license

3) Confirm acceptance of the link

4) THEN Add to app

Previously we had not necessarily been waiting until acceptance to add to workspace/app.

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @bphillips7 

Are all Users getting this Popup? am guessing maybe you have a limit access to the App.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Luckily not all Users are getting this Popup. This is only happening when adding new users to existing apps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors