Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

App publication mechanism only works partially

When we deploy powerbi reports to our workspace, everything works well.

But when updating the app from within the workspace  only parts of the changes are seen:

- we miss our changed classifications, they are not updated

- only some reports show their changed labels, these are hard coded text labels, the others miss out

- the tile within the app store keeps reflecting  an old publication date of 23th of june

We use the latest version of powerbi desktop and published from several clients to test whether local settings of the publisher might be the cause which isn't the case

2 REPLIES 2
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous

Can you ensure that all the browser Cache has been deleted. I have experienced it in the past when the browser cache is actually causing the issue of new data not showing correctly.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Too bad, we have tried this before from multiple working places.
Within the workspace we keep seeing the newest actual content, when publishing to the  app only parts of the newest content show up in the  app while the rest is out dated of an older version

This seems to be a serious bug.

I can't remove the app because it would force my 150 users to re- download the app which is inconvenient, because some will have difficulties with it causing a lot of time to handle those questions

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors