Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

jervt
Frequent Visitor

Anyone else have problems working with Microsoft's support contractor Mindtree Limited?

Microsoft seems to have some serious problems with its support contractor (Mindtree Limited). I have been working on resolving an issue that seems more and more like it's the result of a significant bug in the service for weeks - during which time I've been given numerous ideas for "solutions" that are repetitive, clearly indicate a lack of understanding of the issue, and was at one point encouraged to close the ticket even though it wasn't resolved in what seemed like a clear attempt to inflate the contractor's numbers. This is seriously unprofessional. Does anybody know of any way to get support from someone who actually works for Microsoft rather than this worthless third party contractor?

3 REPLIES 3
AlexanderPowBI
Advocate I
Advocate I

If someone from Microsoft is reading this, its a big problem that Mindtrees service personell managers are seriously spamming us customers after each closed ticket, its absurd and very annoying. I feel that the service persons that have had the ticket has tried to do what they can to help me, with varying results. 

However, what really bothers me is what it seems, they have a quite toxic feedback culture. The service people are extremely polite (to polite, because their managers are micro-gathering feedback on them), and after closing a ticket the person who helped me ask for feedback which I am happy to give in person.

Shortly after, their manager spam calls, multiple times , leaves voice messages, tries to contact multiple times on teams etc, because they want to gather feedback. I mean take the hint, if i don't reply, I don't want to give a feedback, do as any other normal company and send out a survery or something, and/or send out one, maximum two emails or similar. 

This is extremely annoying and has to stop. 

cassidy
Power Participant
Power Participant

After 10+ tickets over the last couple of years, I've experienced the same.  It's absolutely clear their goal is to Close the ticket as fast as possible regardless of whether an actual solution is part of the deal.  They will even resort to trying to convince you to "temporarily close" it with assurance they will "reopen it when needed", it's still just closing it.  It takes an absurd amount of effort to just keep the the ticket open and them working on it, if it's not closed in 48 hours or so they start to panic it seems.

I've found that submitting an "Idea" often get's visibility from actual Power BI support compared to the submitting help tickets.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @jervt 

I would suggest talking to a manager and keep on going up the chain until you can get it resolved.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors