Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

aoberholzer
Frequent Visitor

An exception occurred due to an on premise service issue when publishing to PowerBI Sevice

I have a report that is connected to multiple data sources, one of which is a PowerBI Semantic Model which is hosted in a PowerBI Workspace. When I publish the report to this same workspace, I get this error on all visuals that use data from the semantic model: "An exception occurred due to an on premise service issue". Does anyone know the cause of this?

Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 11.15.01 AM.png

6 REPLIES 6
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aoberholzer ,

I noticed in the error message above that there is no gateway available, have you configured the information correctly and updated the gateway to the latest version?
We have found other users reporting similar issues with the error message "Visual has exceeded the available resources.", are you experiencing this as well?

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

is001902

It works again when I refresh it(either the report or connections) but why is it happening?  We run a subscription report every hour to monitor it and there seems to be no pattern when this error shows itself.  We checked to see if the SQL DB was getting backed up or interrupted but nothing was found.

AriaRen
Regular Visitor

hi, have you solved this problem ? I met the same problem. 

No I haven't.  I did several iterations where I tried to reduce the demand on the query and the data it was consuming as several others had suggested it might be a sql server load. My last test, which just failed was the only had one field on the dashboard that has a direct query using indexes on the sql server and it ran for two hours and then failed. I'm going to rebuild the app using import functionality instead of direct query to see if I can get it to work. 

Hi  @is001902 ,

Based on the above information, this issue is complex which may need to collect log files for further troubleshooting. Since community support engineers don't have that access, I would suggest opening a Support Ticket. If you are a Power BI Pro or Fabric licensee, you can create a support ticket for free and a dedicated Microsoft engineer will come to solve the problem for you. 
It would be great if you continue to share in this issue to help others with similar problems after you know the root cause or solution.

The link of Power BI Support: Support | Microsoft Power BI

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to How to create a support ticket in Power BI - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

go to the data source settings of the semantic model and refresh all credentials.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors