I've recently setup all my mobile reports again and i'm having issues opening one report from the mobile app (android) It tries to render and then i get a brief message along the bottom An error has occurred. Please try again which then disappears and the report continues to try and load.
Its a simple text based report which at present should only return 2 rows of text. The only difference with this report is that the data source is from a different server and isnt local like my other reports. Could this be the issue? It was working last year when i originally set it up. I have tried resaving the report under a different name but still no joy. It previews fine in the mobile report publisher.
To add the reports all run fine in report manager.
Looking at the error log after i've tried to run the report via the mobile app and this is the text from the log.
Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.WebHost!reportserverwebapp!3f4!06/20/2017-11:55:13:: e ERROR: [12hribjh]: There was a problem getting data from the Report Server Web Service: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: An error has occurred during report processing. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ProcessingAbortedException: An error has occurred during report processing. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.DataSetExecutionException: The execution failed for the shared data set 'DataSet1'. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Cannot create a connection to data source ' Data source for shared dataset'. ---> System.Exception: For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ReportExecution2005Impl.InternalRender(String Format, String DeviceInfo, PageCountMode pageCountMode, Stream& Result, String& Extension, String& MimeType
Now im not sure what its referring to when it says Dataset1 as i have no dataset named that on the server and im equally confused by the cannot create connection to Data Source for shared dataset.
Not sure whats happened but the mobile report now runs on an ipad and android device but doesnt show any data. Today there should be 1 row of data but all im getting is the column headers and its just blank beneath it.