Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

A-Niranjan

Adhoc Reporting - Publish to web supports or not?

Hi Folks,

I know some ways to proceed for showing adhoc based reports in powerbi and thanks for the guidelines.

My question is after my report gets published through web(as a link through embedding option), will the adhoc feature like allowing personalizations to end-users supports or not?

If it works, please help me with the steps. If not, please let me is there any alternative way for this?

Thanks for reading this post and guiding with your ideas in advance! @PBICommunity  @BIdeveloper 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @A-Niranjan ,

No, not really.  If you want to create a report and cotnrol it and have them do personalization to it, then you will have to use the service.  If you want to create a report and let people have free reign on the report, then you can share the .pbix file with them and they can do anything that they want with their .pbix file.  This means that you have no security or control (and assumes that they can reach the data sources(s) ) over the report but you allow them to do what they want without having a license.  This also means no use of the service or sharing in any way other than the sharing of .pbix files (which, as you probably have experienced, will get out of control fast - just like when an .xlsx file is shared and people start using it and you end up with multiple versions).

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @A-Niranjan ,

No. The published report is only supported to to view and interact with.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
A-Niranjan

Hi @collinq ! thanks for the reply!

But am checking the ways that i can allow my end-user to perform personalization to the visual in publish to web feature too. But till now its a limitation, then it will be helpful, if there is any other way to perfrom adhoc in powerbi without associated to powerbi service(as end-users are non-powerbi users).

Hi @A-Niranjan ,

No, not really.  If you want to create a report and cotnrol it and have them do personalization to it, then you will have to use the service.  If you want to create a report and let people have free reign on the report, then you can share the .pbix file with them and they can do anything that they want with their .pbix file.  This means that you have no security or control (and assumes that they can reach the data sources(s) ) over the report but you allow them to do what they want without having a license.  This also means no use of the service or sharing in any way other than the sharing of .pbix files (which, as you probably have experienced, will get out of control fast - just like when an .xlsx file is shared and people start using it and you end up with multiple versions).

Proud to be a Datanaut!

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @A-Niranjan ,

The ability to allow personalization is based on the type of embedding that you do.  This article will help you understand that a bit more.  Let users personalize visuals in a report - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors