Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

bchager6
Super User
Super User

Adding a navigation bar at the top of an App

Hi everyone...

I'm looking for some guidance on how to create report sections at the top of an App. How to do so is escaping me.

Each item below covered in red denotes a different group of reports. When clicked on, the left-hand navigation bar updates to show only the reports within that group.

Thanks in advance for any assistance here.

bchager6_0-1711555359889.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@v-kongfanf-msft  Thank you. I am familiar with that approach. I found the steps to accomplish what I'm trying to, which is to create multiple audiences.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-create-distribute-apps#create-a...

bchager6_2-1711593711869.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-kongfanf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bchager6 ,

You can combine bookmarks and buttons to achieve your needs, the approximate steps are referenced below:

• Create a bookmark for each group of reports to be displayed. This involves setting up the report pages with the desired views for each group and then creating bookmarks that capture that particular view.
  • add buttons to the top of the app that users can click to switch between groups of reports. Each button should link to the corresponding bookmark you created in the previous step.

For more details, you can read below document:

Create page and bookmark navigators - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Create buttons in Power BI reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Adamk Kong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-kongfanf-msft  Thank you. I am familiar with that approach. I found the steps to accomplish what I'm trying to, which is to create multiple audiences.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-create-distribute-apps#create-a...

bchager6_2-1711593711869.png

Hi @bchager6 ,

This is indeed a great program, thanks for the feedback.

Best Regards,
Adamk Kong

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors