Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Acute Power BI service problems in Europe, North datacenter?

Hi,

I'm using Power BI Service with Pro license, running in Europe, North (Ireland) datacenter. I'm working in dataflow PowerQuery editor in the web-browser. This week, it takes about 10 times longer than last week to see the preview data for the same kind of work with the same data. I already updated Power BI Gateway to the latest version but this didn't change anything. I also tested my internet speed which is fully available and not at all slower than last week. Service health in Office Admin portal shows OK for Power BI.

Is there a problem going on currently with that datacenter? Does anybody else experience these problems? Any ideas how to overcome this issue?

Thank you very much!

BR

Martin

2 REPLIES 2
rargyle
Advocate II
Advocate II

I am seeing same issues, along with refresh errors.

(See my reply in 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Data-Flow-regular-refresh-failure-without-understanding-cle... 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here are specific values:

• Loading a preview of 100 rows with 3 columns from an Excel file that is accessible through Gateway and has file size 69 kB takes 3 minutes 30 seconds in Dataflow query editor.
  • Loading the same preview into Power BI desktop locally takes less than 5 seconds.

Internet speed is effectively 50 MBit/s upload and 250 MBit/s download with 16 ms ping. With SQL-Server on prem as a data source (which allows for query folding) performance is not better.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors