Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

export table to excel

Hi,

Im having some issues exporting the tables in my dashboard through live connection and that is inside the Power BI Portal(Viewer Mode). I have inside this table different metrics with 3 different timelines which I can drill up or drill down: Fiscal Year, Quarter, Month, Week. When I want to export the table to excel , Power BI automatically exports the whole table with the timelines and when opening the excel file I see many rows with the "weeks" of every month so I have a huge table and also the metrics that where originally showned as rows in my power bi table, in the excel they are showned as columns...

SantiagA_1-1607088451189.png

this is how I want the table:

SantiagA_2-1607088514953.png

Is there a way to just export the until the month level for example evading the data from the week Level hierarchy?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RobThrive
Resolver I
Resolver I

That is exactly how it works. Gives the user power to do things their own way with the data. 

All you need to do is just create a pivot table in Excel now, and it'll match your desired outcome.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RobThrive
Resolver I
Resolver I

That is exactly how it works. Gives the user power to do things their own way with the data. 

All you need to do is just create a pivot table in Excel now, and it'll match your desired outcome.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.