Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

gis2kor

Unable to upload Pbix files

Hello

I am unable to upload .pbix files to Power BI Report server, I am getting the following error

An error has occurred.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gis2kor,

From your description, it seems that you are using the Power BI desktop November version to create a pbix file then use Upload button in web portal to upload reports, right? 

In your scenario, please try to use Power BI desktop optimized for report server (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56136) to create the reports the upload again. If issue persist, please try the jcabgz solution here: http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/Error-when-deploying-a-report-to-Power-BI-Report-Serve...

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi Qiuyun Yu

Thanks for your reply, solution 1 works fine, need to use Power BI version released in Oct 2017

Thank you

Best Regards.

Girish

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
leandrosardinha
Regular Visitor

Hi @Anonymous , I am having same issues with my Power Bi RS

This is started happening all of a sudden and in the logs I found few details but nothing that meaningful. There is something related to Proxy but not sure if this is the issue

leandrosardinha_0-1627036218298.png

Power BI Report Server Details:

Version 1.11.7815.26414 (May 2021)

Power BI Desktop (RS) details:

Version: 2.93.982.0 64-bit (May 2021)

Error details (RSPortal_XXXXXXXX)

2021-07-23 11:10:12.7388|ERROR|52|library|Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ItemNotFoundException: , Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ItemNotFoundException: The item '/TestPBI-Upload' cannot be found.;| RequestID = s_f8f22004-4b89-4d6c-928a-ec4104709e37

2021-07-23 11:10:13.0202|ERROR|61|The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.| RequestID = s_f8f22004-4b89-4d6c-928a-ec4104709e37

Error details (RSPowerBI_XXXXXXXX)

No ERROR message, only INFO messages

Thanks in advance

Hi Team, I managed to fix this issue by replacing the Report Server configuration Service Account

For some reason the account that was being used as the service account was causing such error... please make sure that your service account has required privileges at Server and Database level

leandrosardinha_0-1627049577552.png

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gis2kor,

From your description, it seems that you are using the Power BI desktop November version to create a pbix file then use Upload button in web portal to upload reports, right? 

In your scenario, please try to use Power BI desktop optimized for report server (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56136) to create the reports the upload again. If issue persist, please try the jcabgz solution here: http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/Error-when-deploying-a-report-to-Power-BI-Report-Serve...

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Qiuyun Yu

Thanks for your reply, solution 1 works fine, need to use Power BI version released in Oct 2017

Thank you

Best Regards.

Girish

Hi @gis2kor and @v-qiuyu-msft

We are having same issue and We can not use Microsoft Power BI Desktop (Optimized for Power BI Report Server - October 2017) 2.51.4885.1423 because we need Windows 10 for it but we are using still Windows 7. I would like to know if there is any other way of resolving this issue with Desktop version Nov 2017 or Dec 2017 or Jan 2017.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.