Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

VictorM
Advocate I
Advocate I

Cannot manage Report Parts in Power BI Report Server

Hello Folks,

We are migrating a SSRS2017 Version 14.0.600.744 (October 2017) to PBIRS Version 1.6.7221.30698 (September 2019) via database update and almost everything goes fine, except the Report Parts. These kind of item are migrated also, but once in the PBIRS portal it does not show the item context menu by clicking on the three dots menu. Instead of shows the menu, it shows a message box saying:

Received request GET /api/v2.0/Components%28Path%3D%27/fec%27%29/AllowedActions| RequestID = s_2c25162f-9abc-4d48-a0c2-a207a372c40b 

The same operation in SSRS2017 calls the proper API endpoint /Catalogitems(ItemId/Path=<ItemPath>)/AllowedActions:

Received request GET /api/v2.0/CatalogItems%28eb9bc5fc-c8f7-48e9-8e77-7ab4ed395a9d%29/Policies | RequestID = s_68a8e8f4-7254-453f-b98b-bac2554bef09

We have tried to create a new Report Part from scratch in PBIRS using Report Builder 15.0.1473.0 and the result is the same. The Report Part is saved into PBIRS and usable from Report Builder, but it does not show the item context menu. Even trying to upload the file using the portal, the behavior is the same.

This behavior in PBIRS seems by product design and is a bug under our eyes.

Can anybody give support on this? Anybody else has experienced the same?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
l2aFa
Helper I
Helper I

Hello everyone

We are suffering from this issue as well. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here... did you find a solution?

This is quite an old thread, but I am running into this issue now after migrating from Sharepoint integrated to PBIRS.  Everything seems to work except I cannot manage them.  When attempin, I get a simple "Something went wrong"    Does anyone know what went wrong??   

If I click the report part, it downloads.   I don't suppose it's the unnatended accoount requirement?   Any help or links is appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.