Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

AClenet

Unable to insert charts in report builder : .5in is not a valid unit

Hello,

As you can see on the screenshot below, I have an error message when I want to insert a chart uin my report ?

".5in is not a valid unit indicator"

The data choosen in my dataset is a valid number (I have already made some matrix inside the report with the same datas).

Could you help me ? 

AClenet_0-1714480765681.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AClenet ,

The error message you're encountering in Microsoft SQL Server Report Builder indicates that the unit .5in is not recognized as valid. Please try below steps:

1. Regional Settings:
- Check your computer's regional settings and ensure that the decimal separator is set to "." (period) rather than "," (comma). Sometimes, discrepancies in regional settings can cause issues with numeric values in applications like Report Builder.
- If needed, adjust the decimal separator to match the expected format.

2. Restart Report Builder:
- After making any changes to the regional settings, **restart Report Builder**. This ensures that the updated settings take effect.
- Close the application and reopen it to see if the issue persists.

If you've already tried these steps, consider restarting Report Builder once more. Sometimes, changes only take effect after a fresh start. Hopefully, this resolves the issue for you!

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AClenet ,

The error message you're encountering in Microsoft SQL Server Report Builder indicates that the unit .5in is not recognized as valid. Please try below steps:

1. Regional Settings:
- Check your computer's regional settings and ensure that the decimal separator is set to "." (period) rather than "," (comma). Sometimes, discrepancies in regional settings can cause issues with numeric values in applications like Report Builder.
- If needed, adjust the decimal separator to match the expected format.

2. Restart Report Builder:
- After making any changes to the regional settings, **restart Report Builder**. This ensures that the updated settings take effect.
- Close the application and reopen it to see if the issue persists.

If you've already tried these steps, consider restarting Report Builder once more. Sometimes, changes only take effect after a fresh start. Hopefully, this resolves the issue for you!

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

And thank you for you quick answer. The solution is working even if it's quite hard for me because in France many softwares are working with regional settings using "," and not "." for numbers. So I must switch only when I am working with Report Builder and then when the report is publish on the PowerBI webserver I come back to my favourite regional settings.

Thanks again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.