Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DKHUghes55
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Report Server Error The description for Event ID 88 from source MSOLAP$PBIRS cannot be fou

Hello Community,

We are experiencing an issue publishing reports to one of our PBIRS environments.  We have restarted the service and the server with no success.

I opened the Event Viewer on the server and found this error message.

The description for Event ID 88 from source MSOLAP$PBIRS cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

The version of PBIRS is September 2023.

Thanks in advance for any help

DKHughes55

2 REPLIES 2
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DKHUghes55 ,

Ensure that the Power BI Report Server and its components are correctly installed. Sometimes, components might not install properly, leading to such errors. Consider running a repair installation of PBIRS if possible.

Install Power BI Report Server - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Ensure that the version of PBIRS you are using (September 2023) is compatible with the version of MSOLAP installed on your server. Compatibility issues might lead to such errors.

What's new in Power BI Report Server - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

I have also found a similar post, please refer to it to see if it helps you.

Failure in conceptualschema - Microsoft Fabric Community

If it still does not help, please try to use the latest version of Power BI Report Server.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

DKHUghes55
Frequent Visitor

I'm seeing an error in one of the logs that might me associated with my issue listed earlier.

Child Process [AS] Died. Check the log for further information

Any clue what this means?

Thanks

DKHughes55

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.