Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

G3n0v
Frequent Visitor

Report upload fails in various RS versions

Hello everyone,
For a few days now, we have the problem that we can no longer publish reports on two report servers.

Report Server 1: Version 15.0.1113.169 (Sept2023)
Report Server 2: Version 15.0.1112.79 (May2023)

With both servers it is neither possible via Power BI Desktop RS nor via upload via Report Server UI.
Our assumption is that a Windows update is causing the problem. Possibly a .Net update.

One more piece of information. Server 1 is a completely new installation. No data in it yet. Server 2 has been in use for some time
and already has several reports. We have already tested 3 versions of Power BI RS on the server of Report Server 1. May2023, Sept2023 and Jan2024.

All have the problem.

Does anyone have similar problems at the moment?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello everyone,

I have found the reason for the error.

The behavior is caused by an error in the SSL certificate. We have several URLs pointing to our report server.
I have removed one of the URLs from the rsreportserver.config. Now it works. I will reissue the SSL certificate.

I think it should work then.

Thanks for your support @v-binbinyu-msft 

Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
G3n0v
Frequent Visitor

Hello everyone,

I have made further tests.
Currently the uploads for PDF, Excel and RDL files are working.
RDL reports can be run successfully once they have been uploaded to the server.

The servers only have problems with PBIX files. It does not matter whether you want to publish directly from Power BI Desktop
or via upload. If you want to save the report from Power BI Desktop to the server
then it still shows the folder structure in Power BI. After selecting the destination and confirming, the error occurs.

Error_18042024_1.pngError_18042024.png

I have tried different Power BI Desktop versions May2023, Sept2023 and Jan2024 both 32- and 64-bit.

Regards

Hi @G3n0v ,

I also test save .pbix file to PBIRS Web Portal folder, save and open are all work well.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello everyone,

I have found the reason for the error.

The behavior is caused by an error in the SSL certificate. We have several URLs pointing to our report server.
I have removed one of the URLs from the rsreportserver.config. Now it works. I will reissue the SSL certificate.

I think it should work then.

Thanks for your support @v-binbinyu-msft 

Regards

v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @G3n0v ,

I test it upload and save as to PBIRS in my environment, all it works well.

vbinbinyumsft_0-1713334713318.png

vbinbinyumsft_1-1713334720060.png

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-binbinyu-msft ,
thank you for the information.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.