Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

TheBanker
Frequent Visitor

Subscription History thru API

Hi All,

I'm trying to get the subscription history of report builder on our report server.
I saw that there was a "SubscriptionHistory" model on the swagger https://app.swaggerhub.com/apis/microsoft-rs/PBIRS/2.0#/SubscriptionHistory .

TheBanker_0-1705422549212.png
However, I don't know how to use it ☹️
I tried to do a get like this:
"https://mycorporatesite.com/SSRSReports/api/v2.0/SubscriptionHistory?SubscriptionID=33b5b19f-9965-47..."
but it didn't work 😞.
Can you help me please ?

NB: I am not a server administrator, so I cannot request job tasks

thank you

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiandat-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TheBanker ,

The SubscriptionHistory API requires the ID parameter, as well as the type parameter, the start and end times of the subscription, and the status and content of the subscription.

This can only be run by a member with the admin role.

Below is the official link will help you:

Develop with the REST APIs for Power BI Report Server - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Xianda Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-xiandat-msft ,
Thank for your answer.

I am used to using the services "/Reports", "/CatalogItems", "/Subscriptions", "/CacheRefreshPlans", "/PowerBIReports"... and I am able to obtain the data I want.

Does SubscriptionHistory require rights other than those which allow me to obtain data from for example the "/Reports" API?

you said "The SubscriptionHistory API requires the ID parameter, as well as the type parameter, the start and end times of the subscription, and the status and content of the subscription."
Are these parameters mandatory?
What I would like to get is simply the subscription history for a specific subscription (eg for SubscriptionID=33b5b19f-9965-47d6-a3ba-19f92f16085a).
Do you have an example of syntax to obtain the history of a subscription please?

Thank you

David

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors