Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Scheduled Refresh Issue - [0] 0: Model can not be refreshed for files not mapped to a network share

I have just  published my first reports to BI report server . One of which has 4 pages , for display purposed I have another 4 reports that are the individual pages of the first report (ie first report with pages deleted but exactly the same underlying data and design). They all run on a 3 minute schedule refresh.

I have noticed that they all fail intermittently at different times and they give the following error message:

"Data refresh failed. Please try again later or contact your administrator."

With the information giving error details:

"SessionID: 979d17a1-e778-4ba3-accb-e3f69575a904
[0] 0: Model can not be refreshed for files not mapped to a network share"

What am I doing wrong / how can I rectify these. at first they were all refreshing fine but now they have become divergent and therefore all show data from different times.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're likely using a relative file path that the Report Server doesn't know how to resolve.

Get the DFS/UNC path.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks

Ive cheked the paths and they look fine.

It recognises them and runs internmittently but then doesnt run 3 mins later then runs intermittently ongoing. Why would it recognise the paths one refresh then not the next?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.