Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Scheduled Refresh Issue - [0] 0: Model can not be refreshed for files not mapped to a network share

I have just  published my first reports to BI report server . One of which has 4 pages , for display purposed I have another 4 reports that are the individual pages of the first report (ie first report with pages deleted but exactly the same underlying data and design). They all run on a 3 minute schedule refresh.

I have noticed that they all fail intermittently at different times and they give the following error message:

"Data refresh failed. Please try again later or contact your administrator."

With the information giving error details:

"SessionID: 979d17a1-e778-4ba3-accb-e3f69575a904
[0] 0: Model can not be refreshed for files not mapped to a network share"

What am I doing wrong / how can I rectify these. at first they were all refreshing fine but now they have become divergent and therefore all show data from different times.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're likely using a relative file path that the Report Server doesn't know how to resolve.

Get the DFS/UNC path.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks

Ive cheked the paths and they look fine.

It recognises them and runs internmittently but then doesnt run 3 mins later then runs intermittently ongoing. Why would it recognise the paths one refresh then not the next?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.