Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

capricon
Regular Visitor

SSIS / SSAS

HI 

i created a cube in SSIS now i want to use that cubes in SSAS for analysis purpose.. so i want to know how to use it 

and secondly some one told me that we can not create cubes in SSIS .. is this right

help me out

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisMuthmann
Resolver II
Resolver II

The Microsoft BI Stack (Business Intelligence) is a suite of tools and technologies that assist businesses in data collection, processing, and analysis. Here are some key components of the Microsoft BI Stack:

1. Power BI: A powerful self-service BI platform that allows users to visualize, analyze, and share data. Power BI provides interactive dashboards, reports, and datasets.

2. SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS): An OLAP and data modeling tool that enables the creation of multidimensional and tabular data models.

3. SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS): An ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) tool that extracts data from various sources, transforms it, and loads it into a data warehouse or database.

4. SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS): A tool for creating, managing, and delivering reports. SSRS allows the creation of both static and interactive reports.

Creating Cubes is described in this article: Analysis Services Tutorials | Microsoft Learn
Therefore you need Visual Studio or Tabular Editor.
Could you please describe the cube you have created in SSIS?

SO In short SSIS for transform the data . and SSAS is for analyze the data .. right ?

so i created this package on SSIS .. now how i used this package in SSAS ? 

@ChrisMuthmann 

capricon_0-1710913566283.png

You do not use this package in SSAS. You can use SSIS to write new data back to the database and then use Visual Studio or Tabular Editor to create a cube based on the data in your tables/views.
After that you deploy the cube to SSAS, process and use it. Please have a look at the link provided above.
HTH!

@ChrisMuthmann 

I created this package (above) which i send is in visual studio .. so after creating the package in SSIS  .. what is the next step ? to create a cube or what ?

the links you provided i did not understand so i am asking the questions .. 

You can write data in a datawarehouse with the SSIS package. 

Then you have to decide which kind of analysis service you want to use in the future: tabular or multidimensional?

Then you can use Visual Studio with an SSAS project to create a cube. The connection in this projects is the datawarehouse you have created before. 
For more information you can search in youtube e.g. for ssas tutorials.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.