Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

joannasokolowsk
Helper II
Helper II

Row level security - doesn't work for some people

Dear Colleagues,

I created a row level security option on the power bi dashboard which is shared via power bi report server. 

It works for most of the people but I have the case when it doesn't work for some people (they are in the data source with valid ID used for row level security option). They can open dahsbard but it doesn't display data. 

Do you know what could be the reason? 

Thank you in advance!

Asia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
joannasokolowsk
Helper II
Helper II

It looks like changing computer password helped (it was needed for data synchornization) 🙂 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
joannasokolowsk
Helper II
Helper II

It looks like changing computer password helped (it was needed for data synchornization) 🙂 

FarhanAhmed
Community Champion
Community Champion

Can you please check the same user in PBI Desktop file and see if data you are able to view data for him. also make sure that the particular user UPN name is resolving correctly from Active Directory when you are opening the report in PBIRS.  you can create a measure for User and view in report to see if UPN creating correctly.

_UserName = USERPRINCIPALNAME()

FarhanAhmed_0-1630495992541.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.