Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

XiaodongZhao05

PowerBI data imported to Excel, why do I need to log in to Microsoft account every time I refresh

Hello everyone, I encountered the following problem when using Power BI: "Power BI model data is imported into Excel365(I have logged in to Excel's office 365 account), and I need to log in to Microsoft account again every time I open and refresh recently."I really hope to get your help, thank you very much!Here's a screenshot of the question:

532f2e42-2b81-4158-bc6b-f57a2bf70668.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @XiaodongZhao05 ,

Have submitted this issue internal to confirm, would update here as soon as possible if there is any update about it.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @XiaodongZhao05 ,

According to the information I got, by design due to changes in MSOLAP.

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @XiaodongZhao05 ,

Have submitted this issue internal to confirm, would update here as soon as possible if there is any update about it.

Best Regards

ATFabi
Regular Visitor

We have had this problem since the update in December / end of November. If we roll back to an old version of Office / Excel, for example from August 2023, then the window for authentication no longer appears. However, a refresh is still carried out without any problems. Just as it should normally behave. 

We have some Excel files in our company that are updated overnight. Since the latest versions of Office, this is no longer possible. We have also been in direct contact with Microsoft Support for several weeks, and they have already sent us a number of suggested solutions, but all without success.

What Microsoft is doing here is really extremely annoying and it looks like it affects all users who access their Power BI. 

Microsoft was able to reproduce the problem immediately, but unfortunately cannot offer a solution.

Yes, we have tried many ways to solve this problem, but none of them have succeeded. I think it may be caused by the official update version of Microsoft, and I hope the official can help support

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @XiaodongZhao05 ,

What is the version of your power bi desktop? 

Please have a try: Select  File > Options and Settings > Options > GLOBAL > Security > Sign in Experience > Use updated sign-in experience.

If it still does not help, please provide more details.

Best Regards

XiaodongZhao05

This issue only appeared in the last month or so and there was no such issue before. To solve this problem, I re-imported the new Excel from the Power BI mold and switched to a different computer for cross-validation. The same problem exists with the verification results. Both Power BI and Excel are signed in to their Microsoft accounts

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @XiaodongZhao05 ,

Are you logged into your account on power bi desktop? As far as I know, if you are not logged in on power bi desktop you do get a login screen when using power bi.

If it still does not help, please provide more details.

Best Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors