Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jamiestevens44
Frequent Visitor

PowerBI Report Server Sep 2022 Subscriptions not working

Hello

After upgrading our production server to the Sep 2022 release for PowerBI for Reporting Services, we are unable to edit or create subscriptions. 

Has anyone else encountered such an error before?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for your response. 

I did come across the following forum discussion that appears to describe the issue, acknowledge the bug, and address that a fix is on the way.  It also has a suggested work around. 

Solved: Problem altering a subscription / JSON reader erro... - Microsoft Power BI Community 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jamiestevens44 ,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

If the problem has been solved you can mark the reply for the standard answer to help the other members find it more quickly. If not, please point it out.

Best Regards,
Henry

josef78
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hello,

on my enviroment (after upgrade May>Sep 2022) creation, editing and running subscriptions working well.

But I think there long-term issue, because /ReportServer endpoint (which is used for editing subscriptions) is starting tooooo long (after first use after restart of service). In my enviroment it takes about 10 minutes, and I must implement workaround with scheduled script with some warmup request.

Try open url https://yourPBIRSserver/ReportServer before editing your subcriptions (it must return simple list of root folder)

Thank you for your response. 

I did come across the following forum discussion that appears to describe the issue, acknowledge the bug, and address that a fix is on the way.  It also has a suggested work around. 

Solved: Problem altering a subscription / JSON reader erro... - Microsoft Power BI Community 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors