Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kleber1976
Regular Visitor

Power BI Server connection with MicrosoftOutlook365

Hello all,

I have created one NPM- outlook365 calendar and connected this NPM-calendar withinPower BI report server. Then, I've created a Technicall User => (Service Account), in the power BI report server in order to have an automatic refresh into it. For some reason the created Service Account did not work into the power BI report server.

I wonder if the reason why is because the datasource from Microsoft Exchange =>Outlook365 can not be connected with the Power B I report server. Do you know something about it?

p.s.:

I found the article on the attached link that informs that Microsoft exchange can not be connected with power BI report Server.

I wonder if I had the corrected understood. Does anyone know why Outlook365 for example can not be connected with power BI report server once both are from Microsoft?

Power BI report data sources in Power BI Report Server - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

kleber1976_0-1710926956000.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

@kleber1976 wrote:

I wonder if I had the corrected understood. Does anyone know why Outlook365 for example can not be connected with power BI report server once both are from Microsoft?

Power BI report data sources in Power BI Report Server - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Yes you have correctly understood. You cannot do a scheduled refresh against Exchange Online. This is because Report Server does not have support for the cloud based OAuth2 authentication type. Typically if you want to build reports against cloud based sources the general recommendation would be to use the Power BI Cloud service.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

@kleber1976 wrote:

Yes you have correctly understood. You cannot do a scheduled refresh against Exchange Online. This is because Report Server does not have support for the cloud based OAuth2 authentication type. Typically if you want to build reports against cloud based sources the general recommendation would be to use the Power BI Cloud service.

Hello d_gosbell,

thanks for the answer !!!!

best regards

Kleber

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.