Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PeteSil1020
Helper I
Helper I

Have a Line Chart Ignore Parameter Selected

Hello,

I am trying to achieve having a line chart that shows the average revenue of the company selected. My only issue is that the two parameters that I have on the top of the report are DATE & COMPANY. Now I want the entire page to load off of the DATE & COMPANY selected, but for the line chart. I want this to just be affected by the COMPANY selected but show all data for all dates. 

Basically I am attempting to see the average of the revenue over time in this line chart, while having the rest of the report be filtered to the selected date parameter. 

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiandat-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PeteSil1020 ,

We can tick the box to use multiple values and get vakues from a  query  in available values.vxiandatmsft_1-1704850600448.png

vxiandatmsft_2-1704850621073.png

The final output is shown in the following figure:

vxiandatmsft_0-1704850579841.png

Best Regards,

Xianda Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I see where you are going with this, my issue is that I want this parameter to only apply to a Line Chart on the paginated report. While the rest of the report works off the parameters that are visible. My knowledge is that the parameter I am creating is hidden, & only applies to the Line Chart in the Chart Properties -> Filters. Any chance you can see if you can make this work?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.