Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

lisanneAsked
Frequent Visitor

Graph API in Power BI

Good afternoon everyone, I hope everyone is doing fine!

I am currently doing my internship together with my classmate in which we are developing a user friendly dashboard for MSP companies for more insight into their IT-environment.

To achieve this, we want to establish a connection with the Microsoft API Graph in which we gather the following data: mailbox usage size, mailbox type (shared or regular), the different groups and group members, the secure score, licenses, listed mails in the Qurantaine.

Unfortunately, we are not able to establish this connection. Is there someone who is willing to assist us further? Your assistance is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Gloria and Lisanne

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiandat-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lisanneAsked  ,

I can give you some suggestions about Microsoft Graph API:

1.Mailbox Usage Size:

• You can use the mailbox usage reports available in Microsoft Graph to get information about users with a mailbox and their level of activity. This includes details based on emails sent and received, as well as how much storage each mailbox consumes.

The relevant API endpoint is GET /users/{id|userPrincipalName}/mailboxUsageDetail
2.Mailbox Type (Shared or Regular):

• Unfortunately, the mailbox type (shared or regular) is not directly exposed through the Microsoft Graph API.
  • However, you can infer the mailbox type by checking whether the mailbox is associated with a Microsoft 365 group (which would indicate a shared mailbox) or a user account (which would be a regular mailbox).

3.Groups and Group Members:

• Microsoft Graph allows you to work with different types of groups, including Microsoft 365 groups, security groups, mail-enabled security groups, and distribution groups.
  • You can create, manage, and retrieve group information using the groups API.
  • To get group members, use the endpoint.GET /groups/{id}/member

4.Licenses:

• License information is available through the Microsoft Graph API.
  • You can use the endpoint to retrieve license details for the authenticated user.
  • For other users, you can use.GET /me/licenseDetails

Below is the official link will help you:

Working with groups in Microsoft Graph - Microsoft Graph v1.0 | Microsoft Learn

Use the Microsoft Graph API - Microsoft Graph | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Xianda Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-xiandat-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lisanneAsked  ,

I can give you some suggestions about Microsoft Graph API:

1.Mailbox Usage Size:

• You can use the mailbox usage reports available in Microsoft Graph to get information about users with a mailbox and their level of activity. This includes details based on emails sent and received, as well as how much storage each mailbox consumes.

The relevant API endpoint is GET /users/{id|userPrincipalName}/mailboxUsageDetail
2.Mailbox Type (Shared or Regular):

• Unfortunately, the mailbox type (shared or regular) is not directly exposed through the Microsoft Graph API.
  • However, you can infer the mailbox type by checking whether the mailbox is associated with a Microsoft 365 group (which would indicate a shared mailbox) or a user account (which would be a regular mailbox).

3.Groups and Group Members:

• Microsoft Graph allows you to work with different types of groups, including Microsoft 365 groups, security groups, mail-enabled security groups, and distribution groups.
  • You can create, manage, and retrieve group information using the groups API.
  • To get group members, use the endpoint.GET /groups/{id}/member

4.Licenses:

• License information is available through the Microsoft Graph API.
  • You can use the endpoint to retrieve license details for the authenticated user.
  • For other users, you can use.GET /me/licenseDetails

Below is the official link will help you:

Working with groups in Microsoft Graph - Microsoft Graph v1.0 | Microsoft Learn

Use the Microsoft Graph API - Microsoft Graph | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Xianda Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.