Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

rahmafarhat

Error Unable de connect sql with Power BI

Details: "An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'Could not load file or assembly 'System.EnterpriseServices, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. Soit un niveau d’emprunt d’identité requis n’a pas été fourni, soit le niveau d’emprunt d’identité fourni n’est pas valide. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070542)'"

rahmafarhat_1-1676221246919.png

4 REPLIES 4
PakthurYangu
Helper I
Helper I

What worked for me was following this procedures here  (in my case I was connecting to a SQL Server and installed the SQL Server Native Client)

sslyle

That is really a trashy answer.  Excuse my being offended by it. For instance, I don't have to do this with Excel.  Having To have the world work in this fashion is irresponsible and contrary to MS's security in apps, AD, and systems.

sevenhills
Super User
Super User

Run PowerBI Desktop as an administrator (right click, run as adminstrator)

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Unable-to-Connect-to-SQL-Server/m-p/202262

jaweher899
Super User
Super User

This error message is indicating that PowerBI is unable to load the System.EnterpriseServices assembly with version 4.0.0.0. The message suggests that the cause of the issue could be one of two things: either the required identity level has not been provided, or the provided identity level is not valid.

To resolve this issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Check the dependencies: Ensure that all the dependencies of the System.EnterpriseServices assembly are installed and available on the machine where PowerBI is installed.

2. Update the assembly version: If the version of the System.EnterpriseServices assembly that you are using is outdated, try updating it to the latest version.

3. Check the .NET framework version: Ensure that the version of the .NET framework installed on your machine is compatible with the version of the System.EnterpriseServices assembly that you are using.

4. Repair or reinstall .NET framework: If the .NET framework is not working properly, try repairing it or reinstalling it.

5. Run PowerBI as an administrator: If the issue is related to the identity level, try running PowerBI as an administrator to see if that resolves the issue.

6. Contact Microsoft support: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, you may want to contact Microsoft support for further assistance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.