Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

tobyta

Dataset Refresh

We have developed a report that we want to embed on our web pages with a secured login. How do we allow the user to refresh the data they are looking at, or can we set a refresh rate for every 5 minutes

3 REPLIES 3
Vanchy_Liao
Advocate II
Advocate II

If you embed the report into a web page, you can add a button calling RESTful api to refresh dataset, but the user must have "My Reports" or "Content Manager" role.

Or you can set every 5 minutes to refresh and the user have to press F5 to reload the report.

Hi Vanchy,

Thank you for your response. I should have included in my original post, that we will have customers coming through a customer portal where they will access their reports based on RLS. With this in mind will the first option work? Secondly, if go with the second option, how and where do you set the refresh rate to 5 minutes, the highest refresh rate that I have seen is every 30 minutes, unless I am looking in the wrong place.

many thanks!

KR Toby

Hi Toby,

The first option "create a refresh button" may be a trouble to you because you have to set every customer's account to access the report. Perhaps the second option is suit for your situation.

The following steps is for the second option and I assume that your report is a Power BI report.

Step 1: Find your Power BI report

Step 2: More Info -> Manage -> Scheduled refresh -> New scheduled refresh plan -> Edit schedule

Step 3: Choose "Hour" radio button -> set 00 hours and 05 minutes -> Apply

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Kudoed Authors