Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Draginko
Helper I
Helper I

Datamart started to keep failing the refreshes, details of refresh are blank

Hello,

I am using datamart for enterprise wide report which is accessible by couple of thousands of people, and I have there scheduled refresh for every 6 hours. The datamart is used for preloading of data via ODATA protocol from one of the provider's database.

Normally, since we started to use this setup almost a month ago, approximatelly 20% of refreshes failed for unknow reason, and it was the reason to establish scheduled refresh 4 times a day, so we can ensure there will be proper refresh at least once a day. Six days ago, we had a line for couple of days where every single refresh was successful, and suddenly for last 3 days, every single refresh fails (even manually started). 

The reason I am writing this post is, that I am not able to find out what is wrong, as there is no error message available, nor when I download that csv export which should contain details about refresh, this file is completely blank and contains only headers.

As to my knowledge, there have been no change in the configuration of providers database, not in the datamart configuration.

Any idea what can do, or what steps to take? Any information about what is causing this refresh to fail would be very helpful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

The best approach here is to raise a ticket with Microsoft Support.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
miraglia
Advocate I
Advocate I

I experienced the same error message. You can debug it if you copy the powerquerycode to powerbi desktop and run it from there. Usually this behaviour is by changing a datatype for example date or decimal number and they are errors.... so you have first to cleanup or filter invalid values and then make the change datatype. If in powerbi desktop it runs smoothly it will also work on datamart. Please also set under option the right locale

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

The best approach here is to raise a ticket with Microsoft Support.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.