Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

M_nwadibia
Resolver III
Resolver III

Data Refresh error in Report Server

Hello,

I have the error below when I try to set up data refresh for Power BI report in report Server.

I have used ODBC connection for the report and I have tried OLEDB connection for the  same report too but I get the same error in each case.

What steps should I take to resolve this problem?

M_nwadibia_0-1664895104569.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

It sounds like you do not have the Oracle drivers installed on the Report Server machine. You will need to talk to the an admin of that server to get them to install those. Note that you probably cannot use a DSN to connect since the DSN definition is only on your machine and does not exist on the server, so when it goes to do a scheduled refresh it cannot find the server details.

View solution in original post

Thank you for your response.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

It sounds like you do not have the Oracle drivers installed on the Report Server machine. You will need to talk to the an admin of that server to get them to install those. Note that you probably cannot use a DSN to connect since the DSN definition is only on your machine and does not exist on the server, so when it goes to do a scheduled refresh it cannot find the server details.

Thank you for your response.

M_nwadibia
Resolver III
Resolver III

Below is the error detail. I get The same error when I try basic authentication or Windows authentication. The database is Oracle while SQL server clients is installed in another server

M_nwadibia_0-1664901147963.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.