Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't see a report with another account

Hi everybody,

I am in trouble with reports and accounts in PBIRS. I have a SQL Server database where I use Windows authentication and use it in Direct Query mode to build a PBI report with my business account. Finally I upload it in PBIRS, but if I use another account to log in my PBIRS, I get the following error message:

Immagine.png

"It has not been possible to connect to Analysis Services server. Verify to have used the right connection string".

Why does it happen? I think I should see it whatever account I use, after uploading my report. Maybe it's a matter of accounts used to create it?

Thank you very much

Nick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please take a look here:

https://guyinacube.com/2017/02/configure-kerberos-power-bi-reports-reporting-services/

I think that should solve the problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Anonymous, your video talks about my issue.

However I found another solution some minute ago: I changed data sources from every PBI report I wanted to upload. I opened the report, then File --> Options and Settings --> Data Sources Settings --> Change Source. There I changed the server name from my local istance to the IP link I used.

Moreover, in PBIRS for every report I did the following steps: right click on small points on th top-right corner --> Manage --> Data Sources --> here I set the credentials on basic authentication, using sa account.

Hope it useful

Nick

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.