Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Ahmad1995
Regular Visitor

Accessing Power BI Premium Capacity report using a free user account

Hi there,

I have created a Pro workspace and shared a report with free users, The free users are now on a 60 days trial period and they are able to view the report, Now i want to upgrade the workspace to premium capacity and i wanted to understand if they will be able to access the report after their trial period ends without any issues or is there any actions that i need to take into consideration to make sure they will be able access the report? 

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
AnthonyGenovese
Resolver III
Resolver III

If the workspace is a premium capacity workspace, then it will be fine. 

If it is built by per user, then you will experience issues. This is from the considerations and limitations section of Premium per User. 

"If your PPU trial expires, you and your users can still access the workspace, but content that requires the license is unavailable. You must then either move the workspace to a Premium capacity, or turn off the requirement."

Here is a chart that shows what people can access what, depeneding on their license and workspace type

premium-per-user-faq-04.png

If this post was helpful, please kudos or accept the answer as a solution.
~ Anthony Genovese
Need more PBI help? PM me for affordable, dedicated training or consultant recomendations!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.