Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

harryli
Helper II
Helper II

how to get the index value in the string/datetime

harryli_0-1662710526862.png

As the above data is one DateTime value minus another DateTime value which is the DirectQuery mode.

Now, I would like to transfer it to be only minutes value, but there is a situation like the following example:

0.01:22 means 1h22mins

return: 82 mins.

Therefore, I want to know how to get the index value to multiple 60 mins.

6 REPLIES 6
AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

Try using Duration.TotalMinutes to convert to total minutes.

AlexisOlson_0-1662762273468.png

To directly answer your question, you can use Duration.Hours to get the number of hours to multiply by 60, but this approach takes more steps than directly converting to minutes as I suggested above.

Thanks for the reply, I know this method, but I am using "DirectQuery" mode. After I import the Duration function, the system show "switch to import mode". Therefore, I have to find the transfer method in "DirectQuery" mode. Anyway, thanks for the help.

harryli_0-1663057747389.png

Power BI interprets time in units of days, so you might be able to just multiply by the number of minutes in a day (24 hr/day * 60 min/hr = 1440 min/day).

I'm not sure if the conversion to decimal will fold but it's worth a try.

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WMjCwMjWxMjTUMzI2MFGK1QGKGFoZGVkZmEJFYgE=", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [current = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"current", type time}}),
    ToDecimal = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Changed Type",{{"current", type number}}),
    #"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(ToDecimal, "Minutes", each [current]*24*60, type number)
in
    #"Added Custom"

AlexisOlson_0-1663098893445.png

if changes the datatype will not available to DirectQuery mode.

I mean your [current] column.

serpiva64
Super User
Super User

Hi,

excuse me but i can't clearly understand what you need.

Can you post another exemple of the result you need?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors