Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

wmgemmell
Frequent Visitor

Way to Get Usernames with UserIDs to Link to Teams Shifts Data

Greetings, Community.

Need some guidance pulling User ID (ObjectID in Azure AD) so that I can tie in the Shifts data I am extracting from Teams to the actual usernames in 365 for each Shift.

Currently, I am working on a model and have all my Shifts data but only the User ID is available in the Shifts data, none of the actual usernames.  I tried using the ODATA feed to grab a Graph Explorer GET for Teams Members but it, too, only provides the UserID in the ODATA query – all other data comes back as an error column (all permissions consented).

I then thought maybe I could just pull a list of users from the User Information List in SharePoint but it does not contain the UserID/ObjectID.  I then went to the Active Directory and pulled in the User table but to my frustration, I am unable to locate the ObjectID, even though you can see and navigate to it if you are browsing the Active Directory in a web browser.

Can anyone by chance recommend and fairly straight forward way to get a list of all 365 users with their respective UserID?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Wm

4 REPLIES 4
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@wmgemmell 

After a bit researching, I don't think you can do that. You might want to create a support ticket for further analysis.

Regards
Paul

@V-pazhen-msft 

Thank you for the reply, Paul.  I will submit a ticket and reply back as to whether or not there is a solution.

Wm

wmgemmell
Frequent Visitor

What is odd about the Active Directory is you can pull in the ObjectID into the Preview table no problem, but when connecting to the AD User table via PBI, the ObjectID is nowhere to be found...  Maybe I am just not seeing it?  Almost need an index book for the AD.  Does anybody have any thoughts?

Whatsmore is if you download the users from the AD, the ID is included...  Still cannot find it in the AD when connect via PBI, though.  Trying to avoid the situation of downloading/updating an Excel file each time a User is added/changed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors