Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

kobia10
Employee
Employee

Using SAS toke to connect to ADLS issues (PBI Aug 22)

As SAS token is usually limited by time, what is the usage scenario of the new functionality if I need to manually update the SAS token when it expires? 

Theoretically I could have updated the SAS token using M if it was allowed to concatenate it to the storage URI, but as this is not allowed, is there a way to update credentials using M to create a full autoamatic flow?

I cannnot use the web connector as I need to use the manifest of the storage folder...

4 REPLIES 4
artemus
Employee
Employee

Depending on your scenario you might be able to make a call to update to the data source:

Datasets - Update Datasources - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Docs

Otherwise there is always the option of creating a custom connector to handle this.

As I understand, the updates relate more to parameters, while the SAS token is considered as user credentials, similar to user name and password. I did not see any reference to these...

There is always the option to write a customer connector, but I wonder what is the value of the new feature in this case.., what is the use case of using a SAS token the way it is designed.. do we expect SAS tokens created for unlimited time?

kobia10
Employee
Employee

I think that one relates to SAS as a product. The functionality I refer to is from last month in Power bi

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kobia10 ,

Please see if this document helps: How to reset or refresh token - SAS Support Communities

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors