Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

svelamuri
Regular Visitor

Update AR Aging with Amounts Received

I have an Accounts Receivable aging report that I want to update as we receive funds. The amounts received are not consistent with the exact dollar amount of the dues, so I have to subtract the amounts received from the earliest first.

For example, from the report below, if we receive $10 from Bank of America Amex, it should be subtracted from the earliest (30 days) first and then the remaining from the recent (Current due).

So after updating, there should be nothing under 30 days due. The current due would be $7.64.

I couldn't figure out a way to start working on this. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

This is how the aging report looks like: 

Screenshot (401).png

This is how the data looks: 

Screenshot (402).png

The data of amounts received looks like this: 

Screenshot (404).png

The relationship between the two table is many to many:

Screenshot (405).png

2 REPLIES 2
johnbasha33
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @svelamuri 

try below measure

Current Due =
VAR RemainingDues =
ADDCOLUMNS (
FILTER (
AgingReport,
[Amount Due] > [Amount Received]
),
"RemainingDues", [Amount Due] - [Amount Received]
)
RETURN
SUMX ( RemainingDues, [RemainingDues] )

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos !!

Hi @johnbasha33 

Thank you for your response.

However, this doesn't work in my case because Amount Due and Amount received are not in the same table or the same format. Please refer to the screenshots - let me know if you need more information. 

Also, I need to be subtracting the amount received from amount due in the descending order of the aging category - so subtract from 60 days first (if anything in 60 days exists), then any remaining amount received from 30 days and lastly from current due. 

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors