Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rsbin
Super User
Super User

Text Does Not Contain

Good Afternoon,

Haven't had to use Power Query in a while, but don't understand why I am unable to filter my column [Facility] correctly.

I want to include only those rows where the text "TSI" or "HUB" does not appear anywhere in the value.

Alternatively stated, exclude all rows where either of these two text strings exist.

Below is the last line of the Advanced Editor.

#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Renamed Columns", each not Text.Contains([Facility], "TSI") or not Text.Contains([Facility], "HUB")
in
#"Filtered Rows"

Am I not using this function correctly?

All help is much appreciated!

Thanks and kind regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Vijay_A_Verma
Super User
Super User

bracked missing after each. Since you are using one and condition, hence brackets are needed.

Use this

= Table.SelectRows(#"Renamed Columns", each (not Text.Contains([Facility],"HUB") and not Text.Contains([Facility],"TSI")))

Alternatively, you can use an OR condition with not outside'

= Table.SelectRows(#"Renamed Columns", each not (Text.Contains([Facility],"HUB") or  Text.Contains([Facility],"TSI")))

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
WillJ731

A potentially easier way to exclude values from a row would be to use the M 'does not equal' operator ('<>'). I'd suggest something like this:

#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Renamed Columns", each [Facility] <> "TSI" and [Facility] <> "HUB"
in
#"Filtered Rows"

Vijay_A_Verma
Super User
Super User

bracked missing after each. Since you are using one and condition, hence brackets are needed.

Use this

= Table.SelectRows(#"Renamed Columns", each (not Text.Contains([Facility],"HUB") and not Text.Contains([Facility],"TSI")))

Alternatively, you can use an OR condition with not outside'

= Table.SelectRows(#"Renamed Columns", each not (Text.Contains([Facility],"HUB") or  Text.Contains([Facility],"TSI")))

@Vijay_A_Verma ,

Thanks much for the Solution.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors