Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jenb1
Frequent Visitor

Slow refresh of SharePoint list data

I have a report that currently retreives data from a large Sharepoint list, and two Sharepoint folders.  The refresh time was fine until two days ago, when it grew from a few minutes to more than few hours.  The pulls are direct, I'm not having to unpivot data or anything.  I've had to open the Query Editor and refresh the tables individually and even that takes an absurd amount of time, for very little data. When I trace back thru my Applied Steps, the issue seems to start after the data is imported, but as soon as I try to Invoke a Custom Function, which makes me think it has something to do with the transform binaries option?

I know that Power BI is showing issues with data refresh from Sharepoint, but I'm also having this issue when I try to refresh from SSAS cube. When I first open the Query Editor, it's showing errors for all my tables, even one I created myself. I have no idea what is going on and / or what steps to take.

1 REPLY 1
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jenb1,

1. Where did you refresh data spend long time, desktop or service? From your description, it seems there is a custom function defined in query, can you share how did you define it? If you just get SharePoint list data without any custom function, is the refresh time normally? Please share detail steps how did you get data so that we can try to reproduce the issue on our side.

2. As you mentioned when you open Query Editor, the data source connects to SSAS throws out error, what's the error message?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors