Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

JeroenW

SelectRows on Dynamic columnname

Hi,

I would like to filter rows from a table based on a value in different columns. Here's an example of a table where I want to get the yellow column as extra column (or at least, the yellow column shows if the row must be in the selection);

Schermafbeelding 2023-09-05 165141.png

So the column with the filter is based on a fiel value...  Not shure if this is possible at all, maybe something like this:

= Table.SelectRows(#"Last Step", each [VALUE IN Filtercolumn] = [VALUE IN Filtervalue])

Thanx in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Vijay_A_Verma
Super User
Super User

Use below formula in a custom column

if Table.ColumnNames(Source){List.PositionOf(List.Range(Record.ToList(_),0,3), [Filtervalue])} = [Filtercolumn] then "Yes" else "No"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Vijay_A_Verma
Super User
Super User

Use below formula in a custom column

if Table.ColumnNames(Source){List.PositionOf(List.Range(Record.ToList(_),0,3), [Filtervalue])} = [Filtercolumn] then "Yes" else "No"

Thanx! thanx! thanx a lot. Got it working now. Great!

Thanx fot your answer! I get the message that a value of type Record can't be converted to type Table (translated)... Value=[Record] Type=[Type].

I had to change Source to the right language.. sorry, but the result is now 'No' on each row.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors