Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

bcwrigh3

Sales report - Today minus 1 day

Hi everyone,

I have written a report that pulls daily sales.  The report is currently set to pull the current month based on a posting date.  This works great except for the first day of the new month.  With this logic I am missing the last day of sales for the month.  On the first day of a new month, I need to pull the previous month's data, effectively giving me all of the data for the previous month.  Is there a formula I can use that essentially says take today's date minus 1 day and give me the data for the month that day (today -1 day) equals?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@bcwrigh3 ,

No worries. The easiest way to do it would be to filter [yourDateField] and just select one value - any value. This will prepare a query step with most of the code you need, like this:

BA_Pete_0-1643904872683.png

Then you can just replace everything after the 'each ' and before the final ')' with the code I gave you, obviously swapping 'yourDateField' with the real name of your posting date field.

So, for my example, it would look like this:

BA_Pete_1-1643905201456.png

*NOTE* I have updated the code in my original post as I missed out two full stops.

Let me know how you get on.

Pete

Now accepting Kudos! If my post helped you, why not give it a thumbs-up?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
bcwrigh3

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the response.  I'm sure i'm showing my noobness here, but would this be entered in the Advanced Editor?  I've attached what my query looks like as of now.

bcwrigh3_1-1643902878109.png

@bcwrigh3 ,

No worries. The easiest way to do it would be to filter [yourDateField] and just select one value - any value. This will prepare a query step with most of the code you need, like this:

BA_Pete_0-1643904872683.png

Then you can just replace everything after the 'each ' and before the final ')' with the code I gave you, obviously swapping 'yourDateField' with the real name of your posting date field.

So, for my example, it would look like this:

BA_Pete_1-1643905201456.png

*NOTE* I have updated the code in my original post as I missed out two full stops.

Let me know how you get on.

Pete

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Pete,

I greatly appreciate your time and advice.  This appears to be working perfectly.  Thanks!

BA_Pete
Super User
Super User

Hi @bcwrigh3 ,

Try this as a table filter:

if Date.Day(DateTime.LocalNow()) = 1
then Date.IsInPreviousMonth([yourDateField])
else Date.IsInCurrentMonth([yourDateField])

Pete

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors