Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

FloCqt
Regular Visitor

Rows limit with IBM Db2 connexion

Hi,

I had a report with an ODBC connexion and everything was OK but we had to change the connexion type to a IBM Db2 connexion

When I use this type, I don't have all the rows I should have

Do you know if IBM Db2 limits the rows we can import ?

I created a SQL connexion to import the data and I make a filter on a date column in the SQL query.

If I filter on Year>2010 for example, I don't have the 2021/2022/2023 data but if I filter on Year>2015, I have these

I would like to have all the data since 2010

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
FloCqt
Regular Visitor

FinallyI found the error, it was because of a LEFT JOIN

I don't understand why a left join delete rows of the first table but I could fix it

Thanks for your help

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
FloCqt
Regular Visitor

FinallyI found the error, it was because of a LEFT JOIN

I don't understand why a left join delete rows of the first table but I could fix it

Thanks for your help

v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FloCqt 

It may be affected by the Data caching.You can try to clear the permission and reconnect the sql again, you can refer to the following link to clear the permission.

https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/edit-or-remove-permission-from-existing-data-source-connection...

Then try to connect the sql again.

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Didn't work

When I call the same table in other queries I have all the informations but it's missing in only one report

Can you post your M code? There is no reason it would work in one dataset and not another unless you are connecting with different permissions or there is another setting (a timeout perhaps) that is set different.

How to get good help fast. Help us help you.

How To Ask A Technical Question If you Really Want An Answer

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly - Give us a good and concise explanation
How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum - Provide data in a table format per the link, or share an Excel/CSV file via OneDrive, Dropbox, etc.. Provide expected output using a screenshot of Excel or other image. Do not provide a screenshot of the source data. I cannot paste an image into Power BI tables.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Hi,

I thought about a timeout issue. Do you know if we can change this setting ?

I will send my M code later maybe, I don't have it today

Thanks

Often you can change it in the original connection to the database in the Advanced Properties. If not, you could talk to your DBA about increasing the timeout on their end. You might also have them run a query trace and see why it is truncating the extract. They will be able  to see exactly what is happening on the server.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors