Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

vandam2
Frequent Visitor

Report edit with 'If' Statements

Hello Gang, not sure how to even ask this question, but i would like a way to filter and to add formatting to this report

i have two status's, Nuance_Status and PACS.Status

i would like to filter out any rows where Nuance_Status = Complete and PACS.Status = New,

if Nuance_Status = Complete and PACS.Status = blank, then keep on report but replace blank text with 'No Images'

not sure if i have to do something i powerquery, or if i can use a measure in PowerBI

hope this isnt too confusing, 

thank you in advance 

vandam2_0-1699467055485.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
j_ocean
Helper V
Helper V

Since both columns are in the same table I'd suggest PQ over a measure. Just add a logical column to determine an overall satus based on the possible combinations of the two other statuses. Then filter on that. 

A measure would be more like if you have the info in two different places and need a view that dynamically determines it live based on the other filters currently applied. It also can be a pain to filter by because it needs a visual context to evaluate, so can't be in a report slicer or page level filter.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
j_ocean
Helper V
Helper V

Since both columns are in the same table I'd suggest PQ over a measure. Just add a logical column to determine an overall satus based on the possible combinations of the two other statuses. Then filter on that. 

A measure would be more like if you have the info in two different places and need a view that dynamically determines it live based on the other filters currently applied. It also can be a pain to filter by because it needs a visual context to evaluate, so can't be in a report slicer or page level filter.

thank you, i used power query and then the if statement, so far so good..

also reviewed this youtube link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ4RNJiVurI

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors