Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Bharathi_99
Helper IV
Helper IV

Refreshment issues

Hello All,

I have one PBI report the data source is data flows for the report , initially in which I have taken just one month of data and created all the visuals
After that I have taken full data which is having 5 years of data

Case 1: I have taken one month data tables and 5 years of daata tables in the same report and when refrehsing 5 years of data tables, refreshing without any issue

Case-2 in report only taken 5 years data tables but removed one month data tables, when refreshing giving error

'Failed to save modifications to the server. Error returned: 'There's not enough memory to complete this operation. Please try again later when there may be more memory available. '.

Why in 2nd case it is happening evn though i will be having less data size of report why because i have removed one month data tables

I have increased max data usage to 64000, disables auto date/time
Disables auto detect relationships also

Still facing this erroe
Can anyone please help me on this

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
watkinnc
Super User
Super User

What expression are you using to filter the data?

--Nate

I’m usually answering from my phone, which means the results are visualized only in my mind. You’ll need to use my answer to know that it works—but it will work!!

Hi, First I have taken used Sharepoint file which have only one month of data and created visuals using that data
After that I have Created dataflows with datasource inside it as Snowflake tables and used those Data Flows inside the power BI report and used same measures in the Full data report which I used rin one month data report
But When I refreshed the tables which have full 5 years of data it's showing the error that I mentioned in my question

Bharathi_99_0-1715629040524.png

It's loading till 578MB after that showing error failed to save modifications, please try when memory is available

Bharathi_99_1-1715629240596.png

I have given Ac_data table Fac_table many to many single direction relationship
Let me know if you know any solution for this

Thanks!

Hi @Bharathi_99 

This error usually happens when there is not enough memory on the computer where Power BI Desktop is running. It has to load all data into the memory before data transformation and modeling. You may try closing some unnecessary applications that running on the same computer to free up more memory or try another computer to test whether the refresh will be better. If possible, you can filter out some rows on the table which has 5 years of data in Power Query Editor to test if the refresh will complete with less data. 

Best Regards,
Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it. Appreciate your Kudos!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors