Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ethan_lunn

Refreshing Connected Google Sheets

Following error message when refreshing BI with data pulling from google sheets. Occurs intermitently. Have been unable to find a solution after going through both microsoft and google support. Any help would be massivley appriciated. 

Web.Contents failed to get contents from 'https://sheets.googleapis.com/v4/spreadsheets/1ngDTXTKNlqhkmpin8FwElaOkUuC1kHU3lqd30U4?fields=sheets...' (429): Too Many Requests

3 REPLIES 3
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ethan_lunn 

Based on the error information, this may be due to the fact that too many refresh requests are generated at the same time, resulting in the refresh result not being returned.

1.please check that whether there are too many data structures in your data source, resulting in multiple refreshes at the same time.  you may consider lengthening the refresh interval.

2.And you can optimize queries, extract the data that you need and remove other data that don't need.

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-xinruzhu-msft , 

Thanks for replying to my message. 

I am refreshing a large number of google sheets per refresh. I sometimes get the issue when refreshing an individual sheet however. By lengthening refresh itnerval do you mean not refreshing as often? 

I am considering moving to excel from google sheets as a large amount of sheets need refreshing regularly and this issue is holing up the process. want to try and avoid that by fixing this issue if possible though. 

Thanks,

Ethan

Hi @ethan_lunn 

If you need refresh regular, you can consider to use schedule refresh, it can set the refresh frequency, you can refer to the following link.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/refresh-scheduled-refresh#scheduled-refresh

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors