Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Je77rey
Frequent Visitor

RScriptWrapper.R Permission denied

I would like to use the Query Editor's R script feature in order to export a csv of a table/query.  I get this error when I try to run any R script.  I've found little information on RScriptWrapper.R.  Any help would be appreciated.

Je77rey_0-1646416169812.png

Je77rey_0-1646416809991.png

I have the latest MS R open installed as well as Rstudio

2 REPLIES 2
Daryl-Lynch-Bzy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi, @Je77rey   I going to start by asking "Why"?

1. Power Query to export to Csv using R  -  not recommended Power Query should not be used to write data
  2. Power BI Visual to export to Csv using R  - might be limited because this is using Microsoft R library not your library.
  3. R to import from Power BI and the export to Csv - this is better option but required knowledge of the R.Olap connectors.

I would personally go for an easier option.  Use Power Query within Excel to export the data an Excel table.

Many thanks

Daryl

Thank you, Daryl.  I will look into other methods of extraction.  However, I still have the larger issue of not having access to Rscriptwrapper, which prevents any funtionality of using R within PowerBI, regardless of the 'why'.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors