Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Je77rey
Frequent Visitor

RScriptWrapper.R Permission denied

I would like to use the Query Editor's R script feature in order to export a csv of a table/query.  I get this error when I try to run any R script.  I've found little information on RScriptWrapper.R.  Any help would be appreciated.

Je77rey_0-1646416169812.png

Je77rey_0-1646416809991.png

I have the latest MS R open installed as well as Rstudio

2 REPLIES 2
Daryl-Lynch-Bzy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi, @Je77rey   I going to start by asking "Why"?

1. Power Query to export to Csv using R  -  not recommended Power Query should not be used to write data
  2. Power BI Visual to export to Csv using R  - might be limited because this is using Microsoft R library not your library.
  3. R to import from Power BI and the export to Csv - this is better option but required knowledge of the R.Olap connectors.

I would personally go for an easier option.  Use Power Query within Excel to export the data an Excel table.

Many thanks

Daryl

Thank you, Daryl.  I will look into other methods of extraction.  However, I still have the larger issue of not having access to Rscriptwrapper, which prevents any funtionality of using R within PowerBI, regardless of the 'why'.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors