Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

zenisekd
Super User
Super User

Query folding and column removal

Simple question, which I would like to ask: Does the command remove other columns break query folding? When I tried to use "remove other columns", the field "View Native Query" went blank. A long time ago I however saw a video from Guy in Cube, where they were talking that it always doesn't mean that the query folding is broken. I can't remember how to test it. Could anyone simply answer? thanks 🙂

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
watkinnc
Super User
Super User

It does not usually break folding, unless it's a key column.

--Nate

I’m usually answering from my phone, which means the results are visualized only in my mind. You’ll need to use my answer to know that it works—but it will work!!

View solution in original post

So, I went to the video from Guy in a Cube and found out that at the end of the video they perform diagnosis, where, as one of the steps, they do "remove other columns" and apparently the folding works. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEFze-LdLqo&ab_channel=GuyinaCube

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
watkinnc
Super User
Super User

It does not usually break folding, unless it's a key column.

--Nate

I’m usually answering from my phone, which means the results are visualized only in my mind. You’ll need to use my answer to know that it works—but it will work!!

So, I went to the video from Guy in a Cube and found out that at the end of the video they perform diagnosis, where, as one of the steps, they do "remove other columns" and apparently the folding works. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEFze-LdLqo&ab_channel=GuyinaCube

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors