Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

trouty74
Frequent Visitor

PowerBI Excel add-in not working with latest Office update

Has anyone else had issues connecting with the PowerBI Excel add-in since taking the latest Office update (Version 1709)? Have a number of users experiencing the problem after taking the Office update. Have confirmed with 2 different user laptops that everything working as expected then after taking the Office update and trying to connect getting the error: Can't access the dataset or the report.

7 REPLIES 7
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@trouty74,

Please make sure that you download and install the latest version of Power BI publisher for Excel, and ensure that the excel add-in you install matches the bitness version of your Office(32bit or 64 bit).

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia,

Have tried that many times but tried again with your suggestion. My Office version is 32 bit but tried the 64 bit install and it wouldn't run because it detected I only had a 32 bit install of office. There are now at least 6 users affected by this since installing the latest Office update. Others onsite that haven't taken the Office update are working as normal. 

Can anybody out there confirm that the 'Power BI publisher for Excel' is working for them on the latest version of Office i.e. version 1709.

@trouty74,

I can reproduce your issue after I update Office to 1709. I will report this issue internally and post back once I get any updates.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia,

Thanks for that. I logged a premier support call yesterday and the Microsoft support engineer also verified the issue. They were also getting in contact with the product group about the issue.

@trouty74,

Please use the workaround as described in the following similar thread.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/PowerBI-Publisher-Issue-on-office-365-after-update-of-office...

Regards,
Lydia

BFroc
Frequent Visitor

I'm having a different issue, but with the same service.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors