Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Valky
Regular Visitor

Power Query in Excel different from Power Query in Power BI

Hello everyone! I mainly use Power Query in Power BI and recently in Excel. I noticed some differences between these two "versions" of Power Query (in the M language, for instance). It looks similar to what @vpatel55 is experiencing in his post. Recently, I noticed a blocking difference: in PQry for PBI, I can access all the files of a SharePoint site library. If I do the same operation with PQry in Excel, some folders are invisible and inaccessible even though sub-folders of those invisible folders are visible. Have you ever had this experience? Do you know the cause and solution to this weirdness? Thanks for your help!

1 REPLY 1

You should not post the same question on 2 different forums. It is disrespectful to those who answer questions, only to find out that you have already got the answer somewhere else. 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors